Saturday, August 3, 2013

Making Known His Glory

From:
"Apostolic passion", Floyd McCling,
"Perspectives on the world Christian movement",
1999, William Carey
Library


"Apostolic Passion." Therefore is a deliberate, intentional choice to live for the worship of Jesus in the nations. It has to do with being committed to the point of death to spreading His glory. It's the quality of those who are on fire for Jesus,who dream of the whole earth being covered with the Glory of the Lord. I know when apostolic passion has died in my heart. It happens when I don't spend my quiet time dreaming of the time when Jesus will be worshiped in languages that are not yet heard in heaven. I know it's missing from my life when I sing about heaven, but live as if earth is my home. Apostolic passion is dead in my heart when I dream more about sports, toys, places to go, and people to see, than I do about the nations worshiping Jesus. I have lost it, when I make decisions based on the danger involved, not the glory God will get. Those who have apostolic passion are those that are planning to go, but willing to stay."




THOUGHTS:


AM I,

-Living a life of worship?-Committed to the point of death?-Spending quiet time with God's Word?-Living with an eternal mind frame, or am I living for the here and now?-Working for materialistic things ?-Basing my life decisions on how to bring Glory to God, or on how to stay safe and comfortable?-Planning to go tell others and willing to stay if needed? Or am I planning to stay.

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment